Here is my CV, feel free to take a look!
Lucy Wain – Journalist
Email – email@example.com
Mobile – 07729485768
I am a hardworking individual with a passion for all things media. I enjoy working in a team and using my leadership skills, or working individually to produce high quality work that I can be proud to call my own. Magazine production is something I thoroughly enjoy, as it combines writing and graphic design which are two elements I most thrive in. I work well as part of a team or individually and will accomplish any job I am given to the highest possible standard. In my own time I enjoy travel, music and film, and anything that enhances my understanding and knowledge of the world.
I have also recently completed my Final Major Project in which I produced Digbeat Magazine. I also completed a dissertation with the title ‘How are women who are caught up in war and conflict represented and what does this tell us about news representation and gender?’
- Hardworking – will try my best on any task
- Sociable – enjoy meeting new people from all walks of life
- Organised – will work up to deadlines and produce high quality work
- Motivated – always ready to try something new and push my limits
- Interested – keen to learn and gain new skills
- Versatile – I also have extensive knowledge in Adobe Software such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and I am a keen graphic designer.
- The Raven Inn, Welshpool (2012-2014)
During my time at the Raven Inn I acted as bar and restaurant manager, this enabled me to develop skills such as organisation, time keeping and communication. It also gave me confidence to approach people, as well as making myself more approachable which in turn developed my social skills.
- County Times, Welshpool (2014, 2015)
I have spent two weeks over the past 2 years completing a work placement at the local newspaper in my hometown called the County Times. During this time I have produced features and articles that were published, conducted interviews and shadowed the newspaper editor so that I learnt the procedure that takes place when producing a newspaper.
- Events Planning – I organised a Dinner Dance for 250 people which included finding a venue, catering and entertainment. I had a team of people to help me which showed my leadership skills. I produced a successful night and solved any problems along the way.
- Music Industries – I have been part of a team that organised a local music festival in my hometown. This entailed finding local acts to perform and advertising the event. It showed my communication skills as I had to network with different bands in the area to produce an entertaining festival.
Welshpool High School
GCSE’s 10 GCSE’s including A* English and B Maths grade.
AS Levels – Health and Social B
- Drama C
- English C
- Geography D
A Levels – Drama C
- Health and Social C
- English D
References available upon request